Current Status for Pittsburgh Technical College
- Classes in session: fully virtual programs and hybrid (in-person/virtual) programs.
- On-campus residences open for housing students with in-person classes only.
- In accordance with current CDC guidance in response to the increased transmission of the COVID Delta variant, PTC is requiring that all individuals, vaccinated and unvaccinated, wear masks while indoors on campus. Individuals must wear a mask when occupying any public areas that include, but are not limited to classrooms, common corridors, hallways, faculty and staff areas with cubicles, and conference rooms. PTC will continue to assess local viral transmission rates and communicate any further updates as warranted.
- Next academic quarter begins October 21, 2021.
COVID-19 Testing and Cases
These charts are updated every Wednesday.
Updates from This Week
|Positive Cases |
No Campus Exposure
|Number of |
|Positive – Campus Exposure||41|
|Positive – No Campus Exposure||81|
PTC continues to closely monitor the coronavirus and its potential impact on our community. The health, welfare and safety of our students, faculty and staff is the top priority for PTC leadership. We have assembled a COVID-19 Planning and Response Committee to align PTC’s response and preparedness with the Allegheny County Health Department, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
PTC Community Expectations
PTC encourages a common sense approach to prevention that promotes the all-around well-being of our community.
- Abide by all PTC policies designed to prevent viral spread, and accept responsibility for personal behavior to protect the health and safety of the entire PTC community.
- Practice all public health recommended guidelines:
- Carry tissues to cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect common surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay at home if you feel sick and avoid close contact with others
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you are not in a location where hand washing is convenient
- Stay informed and follow advice given by health authorities
- Respect the authority of PTC officials when enforcing established safety guidelines.
- Adopt a “see something, say something” approach to help prevent the spread of the virus on campus. Report behaviors that jeopardize the health and safety of others to the PTC COVID-19 Administrator, Terri Ducsay, MSN, RN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that following the progression of the coronavirus (COVID-19) can be a source of stress. Faculty and staff will be available to discuss questions or concerns that you may have. But, above all, we encourage all members of our PTC community to support each other and look out for each other. PTC is a global, inclusive college and will not tolerate racist, xenophobic behavior or any violation of our non-discrimination policy.