Please note: All students living in college-sponsored housing must be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 before moving in. Read the full announcement sent on August 22, 2021.
Please review the Vaccination, Testing, and Face Covering Policy.
Current Status for Pittsburgh Technical College
- Classes fully in session; some courses using hybrid format.
- On-campus residences open.
- All students living in college-sponsored housing must be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of “move-in” for each quarter.
- All individuals, vaccinated and unvaccinated, must wear masks while indoors on campus.
- All unvaccinated individuals must undergo weekly testing for COVID-19. See the full communication for additional details.
COVID-19 Testing and Cases
These charts are updated every Wednesday.
Updates from This Week
|Positive Cases |
No Campus Exposure
|Number of |
|Positive – Campus Exposure||154|
|Positive – No Campus Exposure||214|
PTC continues to closely monitor the coronavirus and its potential impact on our community. The health, welfare and safety of our students, faculty and staff is the top priority for PTC leadership. We have assembled a COVID-19 Planning and Response Committee to align PTC’s response and preparedness with the Allegheny County Health Department, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
PTC Community Expectations
PTC encourages a common sense approach to prevention that promotes the all-around well-being of our community.
- Abide by all PTC policies designed to prevent viral spread, and accept responsibility for personal behavior to protect the health and safety of the entire PTC community.
- Practice all public health recommended guidelines:
- Carry tissues to cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect common surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay at home if you feel sick and avoid close contact with others
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you are not in a location where hand washing is convenient
- Stay informed and follow advice given by health authorities
- Respect the authority of PTC officials when enforcing established safety guidelines.
- Adopt a “see something, say something” approach to help prevent the spread of the virus on campus. Report behaviors that jeopardize the health and safety of others to the PTC COVID-19 Administrator, Terri Ducsay, MSN, RN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that following the progression of the coronavirus (COVID-19) can be a source of stress. Faculty and staff will be available to discuss questions or concerns that you may have. But, above all, we encourage all members of our PTC community to support each other and look out for each other. PTC is a global, inclusive college and will not tolerate racist, xenophobic behavior or any violation of our non-discrimination policy.